- Always travel with a partner when flying with an infant.
- Start the trip as well rested as you can. Don’t stay up until 3 a.m. the night before.
- Stay hydrated.
- The extra seat is nice.
- Call ahead and get the bulkhead seat. Use the bassinet.
- Don’t care about what the people around you think.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you have done everything you can and still your baby is not comforted. You are not a bad parent.
Currently doing research (apart of my MSc. research hahaha) on tips flying with baby/infants and enjoy reading the stories of parents' experiences in the net/blog... due to preparation for our next family trip to Gold Coast & Sydney on dis coming May...Part of my concern was traveling with 1-year-old baby for about 10 hours journey (time tue mesti Raes melasak + gian nak berjalan sebab lama dlm flight 10 jam, agak mencabar compared to before)... After read few reviews and called the AirAsia agent, we decided to purchase the Hot seats for mE, mom & dad which has extra legroom and baby bassinet for lil Raes...Other than that, we also decided to fly by Jetstar from/to Gold Coast - Sydney... we think it's much much more comfortable for us compared by using the road since i've bring along a baby...
And starts now, we had trained lil Raes to sit in his new child - car seat (courtesy of tok mama) TQ mak *_* ... This is because in Australia baby are not allowed to sit on the lap of their parents... That's the rule!!! So far, Alhamdulillah my baby bam bam was happy with his new car seat... GOOD boy la cayang mama nie!!! :D