Friday, May 8, 2009

080808

Hmmm.....

I guess I will start my first post in with my wedding picture... :)

Date: 8 August 2008 ( Solemnization) & 9 August 2008 (Reception)
Vanue: Section 8, Bandar Baru Bangi
Theme Color: Purple n Lilacs
Deco: Hentian Qaseh, Alamanda
Bride & Groom Attires: Kathy Hashim, Kota Damansara.
Makeup Artist: Eta
Photographer: Syahrul Johar

My weds solemnization and reception is one of the best moment in my life. I'm lost for words to describe about the event... Let's just continue with the pictures.

080808 : Solemnization

Alhamdulillah, Sharul and I selamat di ijabkabulkan. Words can't describe the happiness and contentment that I'm feeling now - it's the bestest feeling I've ever felt.This moment when i should be crying, but i didn't. I was too glad to be crying...
.







Exchanging rings and kisses



080808: Malam Berinai

I and my hubby wore " Baju Mendailing" blue songket for malam berinai designed by Hanizah Harun, Shah Alam. Fyi, baju mendailing was so unique and full of accessosories - winning 1st Prize for Piala Seri Maya 2008 Wedding Expo huhuhu. We ( me and my mom) found this baju at Kompleks PKNS Shah Alam . The boutique located at the corner before surau. I was glad found this baju ( which is unique) to be wearing for malam berinai . Like what we ( me n hubby) had planned - to wear only 1 baju rather than 3-4 baju persalinan for berinai...

Here is some info about Mendailing ( history hehe...) :

The now standard Mandailing has been variously spelt as Mengdelling, Mandahiling, Mendeheleng, Mandheling, Mandiling, Mandaling, Mendeleng, etc.. The Mandailing historically see themselves as a distinct and separate ethnic group from the Batak in Indonesia and the Malay in Malaysia.The census categorization of the Mandailing as Batak in the Dutch East Indies was in pursuant of a 'wedge policy' to separate the Islamic bulwark of Aceh and Minangkabau from the so-called 'Batakland'. In British Malaya the categorization of the Mandailing as Malay was done in the name of pragmatic 'administrative convenience'.


'
Sangkalon' is a symbol of justice in Mandailing society. It is a mythical creature that 'devours its own son, devours its own daughter' (si pangan anak si pangan boru), symbolizing the Mandailing ideal that even the Raja's own child should be judged and punished if he or she has committed a crime. A pair of Sangkalon sculptures is placed at the entrance to the Council Hall, reminding all who enter that 'justice is blind'.




090808 : Reception

The day we got married was like a dream. Alhamdulillah everything goes smoothly. Majlis start with Khatam Al-Quran with my beloved sis then after zuhur majlis berinai, makan beradap n end up with outdoor photoshoot @ putrajaya...






Majlis Khatam Al-Quran




Deco from Hentian Kaseh team






The family in purple and lilacs



Hubby's family




Santapan... thanks prettycupcakes for the lovely cakes.. lol



Flower girls....








Outdoor...

My li'l niece was also the centre of everyone's attention that day :p)



XOXO,











2 comments:

napish said...

welcome to the blogging world..keep updating ya!

ashikin kemat said...

Thanks kak noori....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails